- NSF: "A Problem-Based Learning Approach to Teach Gaming and Development of Gaming Instructional Modules to Enhance Student Learning in Lower Level Core Courses", funded by the National Science Foundation. Award Number: HRD-1238784, Award Period: 10/01/2012 to 10/01/2015. Award Amount: $299,500.
- NSF: "Increasing Expertise of Minority Students by Development of a Virtual and Augmented Reality Laboratory for Research and Education at Bowie State University", funded by the National Science Foundation. Award Number: HRD-1137541, Award Period: 09/15/2011 to 08/31/2014. Award Amount: $299,489. Click here for project details
- Juxtopia Inc., Award Amount: $4,500.00, Award Period: 09/10/2012 to 1/1/2013 entitled “Video Conferencing Software for Android Operating System: Implementing the Juxtopia® CAARS Video Conference (CAARS VC) Module”.
- DHS: 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Award, "Developing Homeland Security Expertise to Support Emergency Evacuation Research (HS-SEER)", Award Number: 2011-ST-062-000050, Award Period 09/01/2011 to 08/31/ 2014. Award Amount: $249, 901.29.
- NASA: "Modeling and Simulation of Emergency Behavior in Virtual Reality for Airport Safety" funded by NASA Langley, under CIBAC grant. Award Period: Academic Year: 2011-2012.
- BETTER , "Virtual Reality as a tool for learning and education", (Year: 2008, 2009, 2010), Department mini grant (AMOUNT: $15,000.00 /year). Click Here.
- May 8, 2012: Final Projects- Virtual Reality Projects and Games Presentations of COSC 729/ COSC 477 in Spring 2012 Semester. (Flyer)
- April 27-29, 2012: Organized Virtual Reality Booth at USA Science & Engineering Festival at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C [pics]
- April 3, 2012: Workshop titled “Virtual Instructors in Wearable Mixed Reality Environments” at BSU. By: Jayfus T. Doswell, Ph.D., President/CEO, Juxtopia, LLC, Director of the IEEE Virtual Instructor Pilot Research Group (VIPRG). Tuesday April 3, 2012 @ 5:00 PM-6:00PM.
- April 12, 2012: Three research posters on VR research work were presented at the University VIP grants Award at Bowie State University, Office of Research and sponsored Programs.
- February 23-25 2012: Aaron Boothe Won Second Prize in the oral section under category: Computer Sciences and Information Systems and Computer Engineering at the ERN conference, Atlanta, GA. Title: Multi‐User Environment in VR for Evacuation Scenarios Using Gaming Metaphor.
- February 23-25 2012: Three Research presentations at by VR Lab students at the ERN Conference (The Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Education and Human Resources Programs (EHR) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) Division of Human Resource Development (HRD), within the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR).
3D Max Animation of a chess board.
729:Virtual Reality and its application" at BSU
Projects for "COSC 590:Virtual Reality and its application"
Final Projects for "COSC 590:Virtual
Reality and its application"
Online virtual classroom Project
Navigation of BSU Library Project
Usefull links for 3D models
VR LABORATORY (C) 2007-2011, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED